Today we’re covering the MailPress plugin to quickly add a newsletter mailing list to your blog.
- Newsletters for (users can subscribe to)
- Each post
- Daily (digest of posts each day)
- Weekly digest
- Monthly digest
- Manually send newsletters
- Detailed logging of sent messages
- Themes for Email newsletters
- Add-ons (Sort of like plugins for this plugin)
- Bulk import tool (comma separated list of addresses)
- Import data (csv, XML sample, other WordPress plugins from database)
- Mailing lists manager
- Newsletter categories
- Synchronize WordPress accounts with MailPress Users
- Add roles and capabilities (Special User Roles to apply to WordPress accounts)
- Custom Fields
The plugin is very powerful which makes it very complicated to setup and configure. It definitely helps to read all of the documentation and have previous knowledge of how to edit source code before attempting to use this plugin.
Plugins Podcast Skill Level: Advanced
To learn more about MailPress, please go to www.mailpress.org.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS