Today we’re covering the WP-DB-Backup plugin and touching on a few other backup tips. With just a few simple steps, you can keep backups of your blog so you can feel confident you’ll never loose data.
Key features in the WP-DB-Backup Pack include:
- Complete database backups
- Exclude post revisions
- Exclude comment spam
- Backup to folder on server (not recommended)
- Email backup as attachment
- Save backup on your computer
- Schedule backups
To learn more about the WP-DB-Backup plugin, please visit the WordPress plugins WP-DB-Backup page, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/.
Some other backup tips include:
- Keep a backup copy of your wp-config.php and .htaccess file on your local computer
- Occasionally backup the entire wp-content/uploads folder and all of its contents
- Keep a list of your important plugins handy in case you need to re-install them
- If you modified your theme, backup the entire theme folder and its contents, typically found in the wp-content/themes/your_theme/
PodCamp Toronto This Weekend
I will be attending PodCamp Toronto this weekend. On Saturday between 2-2:30pm I will be speaking in room 357 on “Setting up WordPress for Podcasting”. If you can make it out to PodCamp Toronto, please feel free to say hello.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS