Today we’re covering the Configure SMTP WordPress Plugin. This simple plugin allows you to customize the server your blog sends email for notifications, comments, etc… It is very useful if your emails from your blog are getting blocked because of the smtp server they are relayed through is black listed.
- SMTP host and port options
- SMTP authentication user name and password
- SMTP over secure SSL option
- Sender “From:” name and email
- Configure for Gmail option
- Test configuration
Plugins Podcast Skill Level: Any
To learn more about the Configure SMTP WordPress Plugin, please visit the WordPress plugins page, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/configure-smtp/. To see more projects developed by Scott Reilly, please go to www.coffee2code.com.